Who we are
The mission of the Strategic Services Department (SSD) is to provide strategic direction and support to DBJ through research, strategy, product development, business analytics and business development as well as provide capacity development to strengthen our clientele to ensure the Bank achieves its goals.
What we do
SSD’s objectives are:
- Provide capacity development to improve access to financing for the micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSME) sector
- Develop new products for DBJ to deliver greater value
- Provide enterprise-wide research and analytics support to measure and monitor DBJ’s impact
- Assist with the management of relationships with key stakeholders in the M& SME industry
- Manage special projects that will strengthen DBJ’s ability to support Jamaica’s economic growth and
- Manage DBJ’s strategy development, and performance reporting.
How we do it
SSD is divided into four functional areas:
- Capacity Development
- Research, Analytics & Product Development
- Strategy and Business DEVELOMENT