The LOPM department was restructured in 2014 to comprise three units that collectively assist in the delivery DBJ’s loan impact and portfolio quality targets:
• Loan Origination Unit
Marketing, sale and processing of DBJ’s financing solutions to achieve loan and impact targets, development and management of Approved Financial Institutions (AFIs), sub-borrowers and MSME association relationships.
• Credit Services Unit
Evaluation, structuring and management of all credit transactions on which DBJ bears any direct exposure to achieve impact and portfolio quality targets, management of the Information and Communications Technology/Business Process Outsourcing (ICT/BPO) facility, National People’s Cooperative Bank (NPCB), direct and recoveries portfolios
• Portfolio Management Unit
Administration of DBJ’s loan processes to achieve efficient and effective loan processing, compliance, data management and reporting. Additionally, the Unit administers the DBJ’s partial guarantee programme, the Credit Enhancement Facility.
OBJECTIVES OF THE LOPM DEPARTMENT
1. Provide the required development financing needed to drive growth in the Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) sectors.
2. Provide the required development financing needed to create high levels of employment and create linkages for MSMEs.
3. Increase access to financing by expanding distribution channels for DBJ funds.
4. Contribute to economic growth with social inclusion with specific focus on: MSME wealth creation, employment, education and training, health, youth and gender.
5. Strengthen engagement and relationship building with key stakeholders including customers, intermediaries, public sector agencies and international development partners.