APPLYING FOR A DBJ LOAN
The Development Bank of Jamaica (DBJ) does not lend directly to promoters of projects. The DBJ funds are channelled through AFIs for on-lending to sub-borrowers engaged in the productive sectors. AFIs provide the credit evaluation and loan supervision.
Applying for a DBJ loan is easy and includes clearly defined steps as follows:
1. Visit your AFI and indicate that you want to access a DBJ loan
2. The AFI appraises the project and if its assessment is favourable the AFI applies to DBJ for funding for on-lending to the project.
3. The DBJ, if it approves the AFI’s application will disburse to the AFI for on-lending.
How much can you borrow?
* The DBJ will lend up to 70 percent of the cost for large projects.
* For small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) , the DBJ will lend up to 90 percent of the project cost.
The DBJ offers attractive interest rates on loans denominated in both
Jamaican and United States dollars. Interest is charged on the reducing balance and is fixed for the life of the Jamaican-dollar loans.
Development Bank of Jamaica Ltd.
11A – 15 Oxford Road,
Kingston 5, Jamaica W.I.
Tel: (876) 929-4000-2