The Cabinet of the Government of Jamaica has approved the following assets:

The Development Bank of Jamaica is aware of the following projects which are being assessed for Privatisation by Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA).    As new projects are progressively identified by the MDAs and brought to the Privatisation Unit, these are added to this list of Privatisations:

PROJECT/ MINISTRY/AGENCY DESCRIPTION/OBJECTIVE STATUS AS AT April 1, 2017
Jamaica Exotic Flavours & Essences (JEFE)   Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture & Fisheries   JEFE aims to utilize Jamaica’s primary agricultural products, and appropriate technology, to extract high levels of flavour compounds for sale to the international market. The Government of Jamaica (GOJ) has a 90% stake in the company and the other 10% is owned by a private party shareholder who has pre-emptive rights. Due diligence activities completed.Valuation to be undertaken of GOJ’s shares in JEFE.
Petrojam Ethanol Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica Petrojam Ethanol Limited (PEL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica (PCJ).  PEL’s primary activity is the procurement of ethanol feedstock (hydrous alcohol), the dehydration process to fuel ethanol (anhydrous alcohol) and the marketing of fuel ethanol in the United States, Jamaica and other markets. Due Diligence being undertaken on the entity in preparation for privatisation. Advisor to be engaged to undertake assessment of PEL and privatisation strategy.